Sushant Singh Rajput death case: CBI waiting for SC order, SIT will head to Mumbai

The Supreme Court verdict in the Sushant Singh Rajput family vs Rhea Chakraborty case will be out at 11 am today (August 19). Sources say that the CBI, which is awaiting the SC's nod to investigate the case in Maharashtra, will be sending a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to Mumbai to probe the case. On August 5, the Centre informed the SC that the case had been transferred to the CBI from the Bihar Police.
According to the CBI sources, an SIT will leave for Mumbai after the order comes in today (August 19). The sources said that CBI is waiting for the detailed SC order and after the examination of the order, the team will head to Mumbai.
The Enforcement Directorate has also found certain inconsistencies in the statements of the key players in the case. Till now, the ED has questioned Rhea Chakraborty twice, while her brother Showik Chakraborty has been questioned thrice. Other the the siblings, the ED has also examined Rhea's manager Shruti Modi twice, while Siddharth Pithani, who was Sushant Singh Rajput's friend, has recorded his statement with the ED twice. So far the ED has recorded statements of 13 witnesses.
Thre CBI has said that the Mumbai Police, who were initially investigating the Sushant Singh Rajput death case, have not shared details of digital evidences, like Sushant's mobile phone and his laptops, and their forensic audit reports with them.
According to the ED sources, post the SC order, the agency will be summoning the prime suspects again. Sushant Singh Rajput's father KK Singh's statement will be used to confront them.
The Supreme Court will be holding the fourth hearing in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. In the first hearing on August 5, the Centre had told SC that they have accepted the recommendation of the Bihar government to transfer the case to the CBI. However, the CBI needs the Supreme Court’s nod to investigate the case in Maharashtra.
Post a Comment