Tahira Kashyap expresses gratitude on National Doctor's Day, shares pic from last chemotherapy session


National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on July 1 every year in India in memory of renowned physician and former Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy. The year 2020 has been particularly difficult for doctors, with the novel coronavirus pandemic wreaking havoc across the globe. Our healthcare workers are fighting the virus by putting their lives at stake, to protect ours.

On the occasion of National Doctor’s Day, Ayushmann Khurrana’s wife and writer Tahira Kashyap took to Instagram and expressed gratitude to the team of doctors and nurses who took care of her during her battle with cancer. The celebrity wife shared a photo from her last chemotherapy session on January 5, 2019, and penned a long, heartfelt note on Instagram.

Her note read, “I never knew #doctorsday even existed earlier, but my recent health ordeal has made me value all of them so much! This picture is from the day of my 12th and last chemotherapy session! Can never forget the date. 5 January 2019. The cotton swab on the shoulder blade is of the port. And the nurse in green is holding a box of chocolates that I had shared with them all, expressing my sincere gratitude!

“Big thank you to my doctors especially Dr Mandar Nadkarni. Had this covid situation not been there I would have paid a visit to the doctors and nurses with another box of chocolates who really take care of all of us! No matter how many apples I have, I am never keeping the doctors away! #doctorsday #doctors #nurses #healthcareworkers #earlybreastcancerdetection #earlybreastcancerawareness

Tahira Kashyap was diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer in 2018. She not only remained transparent about her struggle with cancer, but also instilled positivity in others by documenting her battle with the disease on social media.

djonlinetach

online newspaper publishers

Post a Comment

Welcome To My Blog.

Previous Post Next Post