20 years of Refugee: Kareena Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan post emotional notes about their debut film


Kareena Kapoor Khan and Abhishek Bachchan's debut film, Refugee, completed 20 years of release today. Directed by JP Dutta, the film was released on June 30, 2000. Bebo and Junior B got emotional and took to social media to share heartfelt notes.

Kareena shared a picture of her first shot for the film. Along with it, she wrote, "My first shot was at 4 am... I woke up this morning at 4, looked in the mirror, and said to myself that this was the best decision I could have ever taken. 20 years of hard work, dedication, and self-confidence... I am extremely grateful to all my fans for all your love, support, and strength... Thank you #JPDutta for my life in the movies... @bachchan for being the sweetest co-star... and every single person involved in this film. Want to go back in time... #20YearsAndNotGivingUp (sic)."

Abhishek Bachchan shared an art piece with the number 20 at the centre, with all the characters he's essayed in his career adorning it. He also penned a long note remembering his first film. He wrote, "Time flies when you’re having fun! #RoadTo20 Today, 20 years ago JP Dutta’s Refugee released. Marking the introduction of yours truly and @kareenakapoorkhan into the world of films. Your first film is always most dear and special; Refugee was no different. An amazing experience! A newcomer could not have asked for anything else. JP sahab was the best teacher. Caring, nurturing and has since been an amazing guiding force for me. The entire cast and crew were so patient, supportive and encouraging. My love and respect for all of them is boundless. Thank you

He added, "It is a blessing and a privilege to be able to look back and recount the last 20 years. Any actor will tell you, getting to make a film is a huge honour. Surviving 20 yrs seems unimaginable. The best part is, I feel like I’m just getting started. I have so much more to prove. So much more to do and I can’t wait.

Concluding his long post, Abhishek wrote, "But, now this is sounding like the end.... nowhere near it. Like I said, I’m just getting started. And 'miles to go before I sleep'. Like the great Sinatra said - The record shows, I took the blows And did it my way!' #TakeTwo (sic)."

It's been 20 years since Kareena Kapoor Khan and Abhishek Bachchan made their debut in Bollywood and both of them have come a long way. Kareena is among the most popular and talented actresses of the current time and Abhishek has impressed many with his acting chops.

Kareena was working on Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha before the novel coronavirus forced industry to shut production work. The actors were to resume shooting on July 15, but as some of Aamir's staff members tested coronavirus-positive, it seems it will be delayed further.

Abhishek, on the other hand, is ready with his next film, The Big Bull, which is set to release on Disney+Hotstar soon. Apart from this, he will also be seen in Anurag Basu's Ludo and Diya Annapurna Ghosh's Bob Biswas.

Junior B is not stopping here as he is going to make his digital debut with web series Breathe: Into The Shadows on Amazon Prime Video. The show will premiere on July 10.

djonlinetach

online newspaper publishers

Post a Comment

Welcome To My Blog.

Previous Post Next Post