SIT to question Siddharth Pithani, Dipesh Sawant

The Sushant Singh Rajput death case is being probed by the CBI. A Special Investigation Team (SIT), consisting of top officials from the agency, is handling the case. The CBI SIT reached Mumbai on Thursday night to carry out the investigation. The SIT was snapped stepping out of Bandra Police Station on Friday (August 21) night.
Today (August 22) is the second day of the CBI investigation. They have recorded statements of atleast four more people apart from Sushant Singh Rajput’s cook Neeraj and manager Samuel Miranda.
- Few more statements will be recorded today.
- Forensic experts’ team, which arrived in Mumbai today, will share their primary analysis on crime scene photographs by today afternoon. The CBI team will recreate the crime scene after opinion by experts.
- The SIT will question Dipesh Sawant, Siddharth Pithani, and Keshav.
- The focus of the probe team is to map the events that took place on June 13 and June 14.
- Statements of Neeraj and Samuel Miranda will be compared with what they had told the Mumbai Police.
- Examination of these two witnesses will reveal whether there were any inconsistencies with what they had earlier told Mumbai Police.
- At Bandra Police station, CBI has taken details about the case with Mumbai Police.
- CBI maintains that senior officers of Mumbai Police will be examined at later stage, if required. Examination of Mumbai Police officials will take place officially only after giving them summons.
- The CBI will also examine the doctors/experts who conducted autopsy of Sushant Singh Rajput.
- The CBI suspects that either autopsy was not conducted properly or the report was not made properly.
- CBI will also question Mumbai Police on why they did not approach another doctor or expert for second opinion.
Sushant Singh Rajput was found hanging at his Bandra home on June 14. The Mumbai Police filed an Accidental Death Report on the same day and began investigating the case with the angle of finding the reason behind the suicide.
On July 25, Sushant Singh Rajput’s father, KK Singh, filed a complaint at Patna’s Rajiv Nagar Police Station against Rhea Chakraborty, her family, Samuel Miranda and Shruti Modi. An FIR was filed on the basis of the complaint. On July 29, Rhea moved the Supreme Court, seeking transfer of investigation to Mumbai from Bihar. She also denied the allegations on her by Sushant Singh Rajput’s family. In her petition, she also accused Sushant Singh Rajput’s relative of trying to influence the case.
On August 19, the Supreme Court allowed the CBI to take control of the investigation.
Post a Comment